Get Your New McHenry Home Ready for 2014 With These Resolutions
Many people make resolutions at the start of the New Year. While many of those resolutions include personal health and wellness, itâ€™s important to remember your McHenry new home also needs a little TLC throughout the year.
Home-based resolutions can take just a few minutes or a few months, but you will be happy you stuck to them, and your house will thank you too.
Here are five resolutions for your home:
- Bundle up. With the cold temperatures come dangers like busted pipes. Poplar Grove homes can see temperatures dip below zero. Prepare for the cold by winterizing your home with these tips.
- Go the extra mile. Just an extra payment a year on your mortgage can save you thousands of dollars in the future by cutting up to five years off of your mortgage.
- Check your coverage. Set aside time at the start of each new year to look at your homeownerâ€™s coverage. Is it the right coverage for your property or do you need to make any changes?
- Fix it, donâ€™t forget it. Your home needs regular repairs. Sit down and make a list of what needs to be checked, so that you donâ€™t forget something important.
- Daydream about your home. If December is for looking backward, January is when we look to the future. Think about the updates you would like to see in your home. Whether it be new countertops, new flooring or just adding gutter guards, make a plan and a budget for the year.
The first month of the New Year is a good time to think about improving ourselves, but adding in some time to