Top Five Ways to Celebrate St. Patrickâ€™s Day in Chicagoland
Illinois is known as the Prairie State, but its calm scenery is also coupled with thriving urban areas that allow residents to experience the excitement of the city life and the tranquility of nature. St. Patrickâ€™s Day is quickly approaching, which gives us even more reasons to enjoy all the fun activities in the Chicago metropolitan area.
Here are our top five events in Chicagoland that you can celebrate St. Patrickâ€™s Day with friends and family:
- Patrickâ€™s Day and NCAA March Madness: Radio station 102.9 The Hog will be broadcasting live from The Grist Mill restaurant in Walworth County on March 17, from noon until 6 p.m.! The 102.9 jocks will also be onsite and giving away prizes and interviewing listeners during the event while attendees can also keep up with the NCAA tournament in the banquet hall on the big screen. The Grist Mill is just a short 20-minute drive from Bailey Estates in Williams Bay. Do not miss your chance to win prizes and other promotional items while celebrating the Irish holiday!
- Lake Geneva Events: For other St. Patâ€™s fun that is just minutes from Bailey Estates, check out all the exciting events at nearby Lake Geneva in Walworth County. From all-you-can-eat meals to exciting parades, youâ€™ll be celebrating St. Patrickâ€™s Day all month long!
- Patrickâ€™s Day Parade: Just minutes from the Liberty Trails community in McHenry, Illinois, the seventh annual event will take place on March 13 at 1 p.m. as a tribute to all area service organizations and local businesses. Even residents of The Trails of Pheasant Ridge in Richmond can â€œGo Green on Green,â€ as the village of McHenry is only a 20-minute drive away. Bring the kids and enjoy bagpipers, Irish dancing and more!
- The Groveâ€™s St. Patrickâ€™s Day Party: On March 19 at 9 p.m., join country cover band Rebel at The Grove Bar and Grill in Poplar Grove for St. Patrickâ€™s day fun and entertainment! The modern pop, country and rock music is sure to keep you going at this high-energy event, just minutes from The Trails of Dawson Creek
- Parade and Dyeing of the Chicago River: For those who are willing to make the trip, this is one of the most widely anticipated St. Patrickâ€™s Day events in the world. Gather around with more than 400,000 loved ones and strangers as 45 pounds of eco-friendly, green vegetable dye is poured into the Chicago River. The green can be seen from the Chicago River to the Illinois River, then to the Mississippi River, up the Gulf Stream and across the Atlantic all the way to the Irish Sea. Join in the fun at 9 a.m. Saturday, March 12 and make sure to be on time because the coloring only lasts for about five hours. The parade will kick off at noon in Downtown Chicago and it is a great spot for traveling groups to enjoy this must-see event.
At Gerstad Builders, our top priority is homebuyer satisfaction. By providing a top-notch experience to potential buyers and current residents, we make sure that your needs are met throughout every step of the home buying and customization process. To learn more about our selection of quality-built homes in McHenry, the Village of Poplar Grove and Richmond, Illinois and Williams Bay, Wisconsin, call 815-385-4495 to speak with a sales agent or visit www.GerstadBuilders.com.