Farm to Table, Farmers Markets Near Gerstad Communities
Illinois is well known across the country for its noble agricultural heritage. McHenry, Poplar Grove and Richmond offer residents a wide variety of locally grown fruits, vegetables and flowers as well as breads, jams, baked goods, cheeses, oils and more homemade goodies! Our local farmers markets allow Gerstad residents to reap the regionâ€™s freshest produce and stock up on heaping helpings just in time for the holidays.
Since market season is still in full swing for the fall, here is a short list of popular local markets located just a short drive from your McHenry new home.
- McHenry Farmers Market – Located at Veterans Memorial Park every Thursday from 4 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. through September 28.
- Crystal Lake Farmers Market â€“ Located at Depot Park, Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. through October.
- Huntley Farmers Market â€“ Saturdays through October 14 at Huntley Town Square from 8 a.m. until 1 p.m.
- Lurec Farm Stand â€“ Friday evenings through October from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on 2710 S. Country Club Road in Woodstock.
- Woodstock Farmers Market – Until the end of October, the Woodstock Farmer’s Market takes place on the historic Woodstock Square on Tuesdays and Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 pm. The winter market begins November 3rd and will move indoors to â€œBuilding Dâ€ on the McHenry County Fairgrounds.
For those living in or near McHenry, there is one place every family must visit this fall: Stadeâ€™s Farm and Market. This favorite attraction started off as a home farm and has now become one of the areaâ€™s most popular destinations. Stadeâ€™s Farm and Market consists of a farmerâ€™s market and an entertainment area with several different activities including a petting zoo, corn maze, inflatableâ€™s, zip lines and so much more!
Familiarizing yourself with these fresh, local markets gives you the opportunity to not only help support your community but to explore McHenry County and the fantastic opportunities it offers residents. Creating family memories and stocking up on fresh produce, cheese and meat will become your new favorite fall tradition in this great region!
If you are looking to purchase a new home in McHenry County, visit the Gerstad Builders website today to see what we can offer you!