A Hit List of Summer End Events and Festivals from McHenry to Williams Bay
From McHenry to Richmond and Poplar Grove to Williams Bay, there are plenty of free concerts, boat parades, fairs and festivals and of course, more fireworks to take advantage of while the weather is still nice and warm. The beginning of a new school year is near and pumpkin-flavored everything is right around the corner. Weâ€™re not ready to give up the 2018 summer season just yet! Here are some popular events featured near all Gerstad communities!
- July 12 through July 22 McHenry Fiesta Days kicks off another year of live music, local food and fun for the entire family. For parking information, admission, event schedule and more visit the eventâ€™s Facebook
- Every Tuesday at 8 p.m. in McHenry, crowds gather for the popular Queen of Hearts The money pot is in the millions so donâ€™t miss your chance to win!
- Beginning July 21 through August 5 the 2018 McHenry County Fair opens the grounds for its traditional fun in Woodstock. There is something for everyone at the fair from vendor booths filled with homemade goods, carnival rides and rodeos. For a line-up of events visit mchenrycountyfair.com.
- Come down to Petersen Park on the scenic McCullom Lake for the three day McHenry Rotary Blues, Brews & BBQ on August 17. Sit back and enjoy the array of quality barbecue foods by well-known restaurants, coupled with roasted corn and delicious desserts!
- Sunday, July 15, visit Fox Lake, Illinois for the best Bloody Mary’s the region has to offer. The Fox Lake Blood Mary Fest is a popular event located near our McHenry and Richmond communities that offers attendees six sample tickets and an official glass for keepsake. There are several participants this year so get your ticket soon!
- August 7 through August 12 the Boone County Fair offers a variety of family-friendly fun, with special guest Trace Adkins appearing on Saturday, August 11 at 8 p.m. Visit boonecountyfair.com for ticket information, parking and events.
- On July 27 take a short drive to Delavan to attend the 2018 Shake the Lake Music Festival at Lake Lawn Resort.
- The Lions Corn & Brat Festival will run the weekend of August 11 in Edgewater Park, Williams Bay. There will be corn, brats, beer and wine coolers between the hours of 5 p.m. to midnight on Friday, 10 a.m. to midnight on Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Get ready to be dazzled with fantastic entertainment, boats, fireworks and even carnival rides at Lake Geneva Venetian Festival August 15 through August 19. The festival is held in honor of the lake for which the town was named and every year a colorful display of boats is on parade down the lake in true Venetian style, giving the festival its famous name!
All of these end-of-summer events are just minutes from Gerstad Builderâ€™s beautiful communities. If you are looking to purchase a new home in McHenry, Williams Bay, Poplar Grove or Richmond, visit the Gerstad Builders website today.