Local Events Help Gerstad Builders’ Homeowners Fall into Fun
With fall officially in the air and Halloween just a few weeks away, there are plenty of ways for your family to have fun near your McHenry, Poplar Grove, Richmond or Williams Bay new home. Whether you’re looking to celebrate the season of fall at a local festival or you want something a little scarier, there is bound to be an event or two for you to enjoy.
- October 6: Join the McHenry County Historical Society Museum in Union for the 36th Annual Cider Festival (10 a.m. to 4 p.m.) featuring harvest demonstrations, a horseshoe tournament, apple goodies bakery, kettle corn, antique clothing and book sale and live entertainment from Charlie B and Friends from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- October 12-26: The Wonder Lake Ski Show Team will host their annual Haunted Hayride fundraiser at Peterson Park in McHenry. Hayrides will be available to those ages 10 and up for $8 per person from 7:00 to 10:30 p.m. on October 12, 18, 19, 25, and 26. Come prepared for a frighteningly good time complete with refreshments!
- October 18-20: Spend a leisurely day or weekend visiting 16 different family farms in rural McHenry County during the 26th Annual Autumn Drive. Each stop will offer a unique experience with arts and crafts, antiques, fall produce, pumpkins and other surprises. The route begins at 3607 Franklinville Road in Woodstock, and will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day.
- October 25 and 26: The Village of Williams Bay Recreation Departmentwill host their Boo in the Bay Spook Walk and Pumpkin Races. On Friday, October 25 from 6:30 to 9 p.m., there will be an enchanted forest family walk, haunted spooky walk (4th grade and older), bonfire, s ‘mores, ghost stories, live music, games and more. On Saturday, October 26 from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., there will be pumpkin races for all ages, music, food and much more.
- October 29: Join the city of McHenry for their annual Halloween Hoopla. This safe Halloween event will be held from 5:30 to 8:00 p.m. at the Hilltop School Gym with games, dance contests, Halloween crafts, music and more. Be sure to dress up in your best costume for this fangtastic event!
If you’re looking for a not-so-scary new home, look no further than our communities of real estate in Williams Bay, Richmond, Poplar Grove and McHenry. With affordable pricing, semi-custom designs and plenty of local amenities, our new homes are the perfect treat for you this Halloween season!
To learn more about all of our communities, give us a call at 815-385-4495 or visit www.GerstadBuilders.com.