SMART Tech Series #4 – Smart Lights
Have you ever been lying in bed only to realize you forgot to turn off the lights in the basement? With a simple command like, â€œAlexa, turn off all the lightsâ€ all the lights you forgot about will turn off, and you donâ€™t even need to get out of bed. Sounds awesome, right? Many homeowners who already have a smart assistant in their home are adding SMART lights to their smart home systems. Smart lighting is very convenient for busy families and is a natural next step once a smart home system has been installed.
Why switch to smart lights?
- Imagine turning the light off with voice commands. When arriving home at night with handful of groceries or your hands are full with anything, simply say, â€œAlexa or Ok Google, turn on kitchen lightsâ€. This means the toggle light switch days are long gone, no more potentially dropping all the groceries.
- Smart lights can be set up as routines to match your lifestyle and when you need them on or off. Examples of this are setting up the lights to turn on with the alarm clock, or set a night light to guide your way through the house when on midnight diaper duty. This can be accomplished by personalizing and setting routines, which can even be location based. Meaning, when everyone leaves for the day, all the lights will turn off.
- Smart lights are dimmable and can even offer color changing options. If you are a home owner who loves to customize their home, these options would be great! By choosing to purchase the ones that can change color, you can set the mood when throwing a party. Orange and purple for Halloween? Yes, that can be done! Some colored options can even help ease the central nervous system to help you sleep better or relax in the bath of your luxurious master bathroom. A white tone will help promote energy while a yellow tone light will help promote relaxation.
- The great thing is that smart lights can be switch free, so forget about hiring an electrician to add lights to a room. Since smart lights connect with your phone and WiFi, the only thing that is needed is your voice or a phone to turn the lights on or off.
- Go ahead and toss those old school timers! With these smart lights, setting home and away settings is easy. You can set the lights to a specific setting to turn on at a certain time, as well as choosing â€œLocation Awareâ€ as one of the settings so that way the lights will turn on when you arrive home. Both of these options are great for busy families!
With all these features, accessories are also available for smart lights. Motion sensors, wireless switches, remotes and outdoor light sensors to name a few. The great thing about these smart lights is that you can choose and customize your home to your needs.
If you have been thinking of adding smart lights to your home, there are a few different brands in the market, Philips Hue, LIFX and Sengled to name a few. Gerstad Builders is partnering with GET WIRED NOW to help incorporate smart technology into your home. We will help you figure out which brand works best for your needs. Contact us today to get started.
Gerstad Builders is having a MARVEL-OUS promotion, so now is the time to think about moving into one of their homes. Check out the three great packages that are being offered. Hurry in before Labor Day to get the most out of your Gerstad Builders home.