City Feature: McHenry
Nestled in the heart of Illinois, McHenry stands as a testament to small-town charm and community spirit. As a prominent home builder in McHenry, Gerstad Builders’ new homes bring expert construction and a dedication to fostering a sense of belonging to the community.
Explore our tailored list of things to do in McHenry that make this Illinois city a gem waiting to be uncovered and fall in love with the setting of your future Gerstad home.
A Gem in the Heart of Illinois
McHenry boasts a rich history and distinctive features, making it a standout city in Illinois. With the tranquil Fox River gracing its landscape, McHenry offers residents abundant natural beauty and recreational opportunities. For those curious about the city’s fascinating past, the McHenry Historical Society and Museum provides deeper insights into its historical tapestry and cultural evolution.
With significant employers such as Northwestern Medicine, Aptar Group, Inc. and more, the local economy’s robustness and sustained growth further underscore why McHenry is not just a place to live but a thriving community to invest in.
For those wondering about things to do in McHenry, the city offers a plethora of recreational delights. McHenry parks provide green spaces for outdoor enthusiasts, while Nippersink Canoe Base provides a first-hand glimpse at woodland, savanna, fen, marsh and sedge meadow natural communities.
The vibrant local culture is emphasized by local events such as Fiesta Days, which offer visitors and residents social opportunities to explore and embrace the city of McHenry.
Great Bites & Entertainment
Embark on a culinary and arts journey in McHenry, exploring the diverse offerings that make the city a haven for foodies and art lovers.
- Buddyz Pizzeria – Serving up Chicago-style deep-dish pizza, this local haunt is known for its fresh ingredients and convivial space, perfect for family and friends!
- Uprooted – Showcasing a scrumptious menu with gluten-free options, this is the perfect spot to pop in for a quick bite with friends and family, enjoying menu favorites such as cauliflower wings, balsamic steak salad, lobster mac ‘n’ cheese and more!
- McHenry Brewing Company – This brewery has 150 years of experience under its belt, serving up local favorites, including scotch ales, stouts and IPAs.
- Bimbos – This Italian spot regularly draws in large crowds thanks to its popular menu boasting classic choices, including gnocchi, chicken marsala, tiramisu and much more!
- The Vixen – This local haunt is a great place for amazing drinks, laughs and camaraderie, promising a night with friends and loved ones you’ll never forget!
- D.C. Cobbs – Craving a good drink and even better food? Head over to D.C. Cobbs and sample an impressive list of burgers and brews, including 20 gourmet burgers, 24 craft beers on tap and more!
Catch a live performance at the McHenry Outdoor Theater or immerse yourself in the local history at the William & Elizabeth McConnell Homestead. And for those seeking retail therapy, Downtown McHenry boutiques, the McHenry Plaza Shopping Center and a local Farmers Markets await, promising unique finds and local treasures.
Build a Life with Gerstad Builders
Settle yourself amongst the quiet rolling hills of McHenry with a new home at Liberty Trails! With prices starting in the mid-$300,000s, homes in this community boast two to four bedrooms, up to three bathrooms and 1,500 to 3,200 square feet of living space. Our thoughtfully designed homes are suited to various lifestyles and preferences, ensuring we have options for every buyer.
Call 815-385-4495 or contact us online to get started today! Your dream home in awaits – let us be the bridge to your new beginning.