Forget Winter and Start Thinking Warm Thoughts in Richmond
Spring is coming. Flowers will be blooming, the sun will shining and baseball will make its return. After months of cold and snow, residents of Richmond are looking forward to the longer days and warmer temperatures that hold the promise of fun and fresh air in the great outdoors.
Richmond is located in the northern part of the state with nearby state parks, lakes and other attractions just minutes away. Residents of Richmond can leave their homes and find fun activities for the whole family, all within driving distance.
Here are five ways to enjoy the outdoors this spring:
- Glacial Park. More than 20 miles of trails await hikers in the picturesque park. Visitors will love the breathtaking views and incredible treks through various landscapes produced during the last ice age.
- Chain O’ Lakes State Park. Visit a fisherman’s paradise with nearly 6,500 acres of water in northeastern Illinois. With more than 40 species of fish, it’s the perfect getaway for anglers. Residents in our Trails of Pheasant Ridge community can leave their homes in Richmond and be on the lakes in about half an hour.
- Baseball. Nothing says spring like baseball, and Illinois has two major league teams about 90 minutes from Richmond. See the Cubs at historic Wrigley Field or watch the White Sox battle the American League’s best teams.
- Drive-in Movies. There’s something special about drive-in movies. Pack up the car and visit the McHenry Outdoor Theater for a nostalgic film experience.
- Summerfield Zoo. The zoo reopens to the public in April. The whole family will love seeing monkeys, reindeer, zebras, camels and more.
With so much to see and do, it’s not hard to see why families love living in Richmond. New homes in the Trails of Pheasant Ridge community feature the quality construction and personal customization that buyers have come to expect from us. Learn more about the new homes we are building in Richmond and other areas by calling 815-385-4495.