Snowtacular Fun Awaits Near Gerstad Builders’ Homes
With snow falling on a regular basis, it’s time for our McHenry, Williams Bay, Poplar Grove and Richmond homes residents to break out those skis, sleds, snowmobiles and skates for some winter weather fun!
Here’s a look at some of our favorite places for winter recreation near our communities:
The Trails of Dawson Creek
- Aldeen Park: Just a short drive away from Poplar Grove in Loves Park, this is a popular spot for snow sledding, which is allowed on the north side of the dam.
- Regional Activity Center: Also located in Loves Park, this is the home of some of the best local cross-country skiing thanks to a partnership between Paddle and Trail and Rockford Park District.
- Pier 290: Bring your own skates to enjoy this free public rink located in the heart of Williams Bay.
- Lake Geneva Sledding Hill: Located at the intersection of Sage Street and Mill Street near the old railroad in Lake Geneva, this hill is open daily until 10 p.m. with lights turned on beginning at 4 p.m.
- McHenry Township Park: This is an obstacle-free, lighted sledding run that includes an enclosed winter shelter with electricity, tables, a grill, fireplace and restrooms.
- Crystal Ice House: Located in Crystal Lake, public skating is available daily. Skate rentals are $2 and admission is $6 for adults and $5 for seniors and kids under the age of six.
The Trails of Pheasant Ridge
- Glacial Park: Located in Ringwood, this park’s winter recreational activities include cross-country skiing and snowmobiling.
- Chain O’Lakes State Park: Located in Spring Grove, poplar winter sports at this park include ice fishing, cross-country skiing and sledding. For more on this park, click here.
After a day of outdoor fun in the snow and ice, we know you’ll enjoy warming up by the fire in your Gerstad Builders home.
If you aren’t yet a resident, we invite you to come tour our cozy real estate in Williams Bay, Poplar Grove, Richmond and McHenry this holiday season to see why more buyers are choosing to build for their future with us.
To learn more, give us a call at 815-385-4495.