Have a Holly Jolly Holiday Season Near Gerstad Builders’ Communities
With December finally upon us, we know our residents are busy making plans to spend time with friends and family. However, finding something that will everyone will enjoy doing during the holidays can be difficult.
Here is a list of family-friendly events that everyone will love near all of our communities:
- Festival of Lights: On Friday, December 6, downtown Lake Geneva will light up for the holidays. Come out at 5:30 p.m. for holiday story time, and then stick around the tree lighting ceremony featuring Santa at 6:30 p.m. The next day, children are invited to visit with Santa, his elves and live reindeer from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the lawn of Starbucks, and then watch the 38th Annual Great Electric Children’s Christmas Parade at 5 p.m.
The Trails of Dawson Creek
- Hometown Christmas: Make a trip to downtown Belvidere from 6 to 9 p.m. on Friday, December 6 for holiday carols from various musical groups and schools, the annual tree lighting ceremony, a marketplace, pictures with Santa, holiday treats and historical displays.
- Belvidere Holiday Lights: Visit Belvidere Park from December 6 through January 1 to enjoy a lights display presented by local businesses and organizations.
The Trails of Pheasant Ridge
- Christmas of Yesteryear: Jolly Old Saint Nick will arrive in downtown Richmond on Friday, December 6. Watch him arrive via antique fire truck for the tree lighting ceremony, and then make sure to share your wish list and get a photo with him. Plus, all weekend adults can collect ornaments for the chance to win gift certificates to local shops, and children can participate in a free stocking stuffer treasure walk.
- Holiday “Apps” Appetizer Restaurant Crawl: Enjoy a taste of the town for the holidays benefitting the Richmond Food Pantry on Saturday, December 7. The crawl will start at Dilars Restaurant at 6 p.m., move onto Olive Black Martini & Wine Lounge and end at Reds Steak & BBQ.
- Holiday Open House at the McHenry County Historical Society Museum: Take a step back in time to Christmas in the 1950s with a visit to the museum from December 7 through January 10. Visitors can make their own American Christmas ornament, enjoy the sounds of the season, taste holiday treats and search for the perfect gift.
If you’re not yet a resident of our McHenry, Richmond, Poplar Grove or Williams Bay real estate, we invite you to stop by our sales centers this month to see if one of our new homes could be the perfect gift for you and your family.