Mother’s Day Events Around Your Gerstad Home
Moms. They work harder, worry more, and give more than we can ever imagine. That’s why this Sunday, May 14, we thank her for all she’s done. Whether Mom would appreciate a pedicure, a night on the town or a relaxing brunch, we have uncovered some of the best ways near each of our communities to celebrate Mom this week.
Near Liberty Trails in McHenry, Illinois
- May 13, 8 p.m.: Three Blonde Moms at the Raue Center for the Arts Crystal Lake is a special Mother’s Day weekend comedy show. These moms give new meaning to the phrase “desperate housewife,” and promise to make Mom laugh with a hilarious take on the triumphs and downsides to being a mom. Purchase tickets here.
- May 14, 12 p.m. and 2 p.m.: Splurge on Mom, and get a great brunch in the process. Brunch a da Baffone Cucina Italiana is a seven course delight, and free for children under 6. A six course option will be served at 4:30 and 7:30 p.m. Call for a reservation.
- Now through May 14, by appointment: We all know moms love their families, but sometimes, a little quiet time away allows her to reset and relax. Watley MedSpa & Wellness offers Mother’s Day specials for hour-long services like facials and massages. Book a restful afternoon for Mom. She will thank you.
- Little hands love to create special gifts for Mom. Color Me Mine helps people of every age craft something extra special for Mom. Choose a gift, paint it just for her, and allow them to fire it in the kiln. Mom will cherish a handmade gift.
Near The Trails of Dawson Creek in Poplar Grove
- May 13, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and May 14, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Take Mom to see the critters at the Summerfield Zoo, including some new babies. Carmen’s Café has a treat for every mom.
- May 14, times vary: All moms and grandmothers get in free to 5 Rockford, IL museums, including Klehm Aroboretum, Discovery Center Museum, Burpee Museum of Natural History, Rockford Art Museum and Nicholas Conservatory and Gardens. At each venue, guests can enjoy special Mother’s Day activities.
- Rock Cut State Park – Some moms like to be pampered, and some moms like to get out there in the wild. Consider going off grid this Mother’s Day weekend and take Mom camping at Rock Cut State Park. Campsites, cabins, swimming, fishing, hiking and more for the mom who is always on the go.
- May 14, 2 p.m. – 9 p.m.: In the mood for a little Sunday drive? Meet the family at The Hunt Club Steakhouse in Lake Geneva. They will be serving up a three-course celebration. Top that off with a round of golf to enjoy some fresh air with Mom.
Near The Trials of Pheasant Ridge
- May 12 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.: This area is known for delightful spring weather, great food and amazing wine. Combine them all for Mom with a Spring Wine Walk in charming downtown Richmond. Meet at the gazebo on Broadway and Main, then stroll to 10 featured locations to sample fabulous wines expertly paired with small plates. Swag bags included in the price, which Mom will love.
- May 13, 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.: Young sons can take Mom on a fossil dig at the Village Hall in Lake in the Hills. Spend some time digging dinos, hearing a presentation by the Frog Lady, and enjoy a special meal. The Mom and Son Dinosaur Adventure does require pre-registration.
- May 14, 10:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.: With the paid admission of one child, Mom can get in free to the Illinois Railway Museum. Step back in time to the heyday of electric cars, steam trains, diesel trains and trolleys.
- May 14, 4 p.m.: After a day full of pampering and celebrating Mom, hop over to Paisano’s on Broadway Italian Steakhouse for a fine dining experience. Probably the best part of this, after the great food, is that Mom will appreciate not having to make dinner!
Near Bailey Estates in Williams Bay
- May 14, 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.: We already know that Mom is remarkable, so why not treat her to a cruise highlighting the history of other remarkable women? Black Point Estates will focus their narrated boat tour of amazing women who lived along the shoreline, including the women of the Estate. Enjoy a mimosa or two along the way.
- May 14, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.: Brunch is an ideal way to celebrate Mom. No cooking. No dishes. Just good food, great company and time to catch up. Evergreen Country Club is serving up omelets, prime rib, biscuits, gravy and more on Mother’s Day. Kids under four are free. Reservations are suggested.
- If Mom likes the glamour and glitz of live shows, take her to Tristan Crist Magic Theatre for magic, comedy and illusions in a 75 minute performance. This show is hailed as family-friendly and gets the audience involved. Tickets need to be reserved in advance.
- May 14, 9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. seating: Brunch at the Old World Wisconsin allows the family to enjoy a long, leisurely meal and then tour the Old World Museum. The Clausing Barn, built in 1894, sets the historic stage for a charming and afternoon. Registration is required, and all moms get free admission to the museum that day.
No matter where your Gerstad Home is, there is something nearby that will celebrate Mom. For more information on our new homes in McHenry, Poplar Grove, Richmond, or Williams Bay, visit www.gerstadbuilders.com.