Celebrate Locally this New Year’s Eve
Don’t want to travel to Chicago for a New Year’s Eve party? Good news – there are plenty of local events in McHenry County to participate in on New Year’s Eve! Whether you want to party, paint, cook or bowl, here’s our list of different ways residents can bring in 2017 without traveling too far.
Residents in the Crystal Lake community can attend a BYOB Pick a Painting New Year’s Eve party at Fabric, Fiber and Finds on Saturday, December 31 from 4 to 7 p.m. Enjoy an early start in New Year’s celebrations by bringing your own drinks to the studio and painting a picture to remember 2016. All necessary art materials such as canvas, paints, brushes and plastic glasses are provided. Leave with a memorable experience, stories to share and your very own masterpiece. Admission for the event is $30. Register in advance online here.
Lake Geneva offers several events to celebrate the New Year, including:
- New Year’s Eve Junior Celebration at Grand Geneva: Let juniors and teens ring in the New Year in their own style! This celebration will feature complimentary arcade-style video games, movies and popcorn in a theater-like setting, crafts, a DJ and dance floor, buffet and a kid-friendly toast and balloon drop. This event is for those aged 4 to 17 and lasts until 12:30 a.m. Advance reservations are required, and all-inclusive tickets are $75 per person. Call 800-558-3417 to reserve today.
- New Year’s Eve at the Abbey Resort: For residents that want to choose from a variety of celebrations, this event is for you! Celebrate with a four-course dinner at the Gala in the beautiful Harbor Ballroom or at 240 West. For those wanting to dance the night away, take a voyage to the Waterfront Celebration where an open bar, live entertainment and balloon drop will bring in the New Year. Learn more on The Abbey Resort website.
- Polar Plunge: Take a plunge into the freezing waters of Geneva Lake or watch aboard a heated boat. Along with the plunge, there will also be boat tours, outdoor fire pits and football. If you’re looking for a non-traditional New Year party, this is the perfect way to bring in 2017.
- New Year’s Eve at Lake Geneva Lanes: A bowling pizza party is being offered on New Year’s Eve for up to 2 hours at Lake Geneva Lanes. There will be three sessions and for just $30, guests can have up to six people per lane, as well as a pizza and a pitcher of soda. Reservations for this promotion, along with the other New Year’s specials, are required by December 28.
- New Year’s Eve at the Lake Geneva School of Cooking: Enjoy two hands-on cooking classes featuring four-course meals and wine tastings on New Year’s Eve. For those who still want to enjoy a party, an afternoon class is offered from 1 to 5 p.m. An evening class is also offered from 7 to 11 p.m. For $95, cook amazing meals like Maine lobster raviolis and chocolate midnight truffle cake.
If you’re looking for a home for the New Year and want to live near all of these exciting holiday events, Gerstad Builders has new custom homes in McHenry, Poplar Grove, Richmond and Williams Bay. For a limited time only, buyers can convert their new home’s study/den into a bedroom at no additional costs. Visit www.GerstadBuilders.com for more information.