Poplar Grove Neighbors’ Night Festival
For information on the 2016 Neighbors Fest, click here: 2016 2nd Annual Neighbors’ Fest.
This Saturday, July 25, is the Neighbors’ Night Festival in Poplar Grove, Illinois! The residents of our Trails of Dawson Creek community can spend the day with other locals and small businesses while enjoying activities for all ages, including a 5K, 3-on-3 basketball tournament, Poplar Grove’s Got Talent! show and the Battle of the Bands. The family event is jointly hosted by the Lions Club and the Village of Poplar Grove, Illinois.
The headliner of this year’s concert is Otherwise. Other musical guests include 9 Electric, Too Fighters and ADD. A fireworks display will light up the sky following the concert series. This family friendly event also includes plenty of activities for the children and family to take part in during the day including the 5K walk/run and Little Tikes run, a 3-on-3 basketball tournament for all ages, bouncy houses and games, Poplar Grove’s Got Talent! show, and plenty of vendor tents to shop at. The Lion’s Club will prepare a pulled pork dinner as well.
The 3-on-3 basketball tournament age groups are: grades 4-6, grades 7-9, grades 10-12, adults 30 and under, adults 30 and older. The cost is $30 per team in advance and $35 the day of. The price includes a t-shirt for each member.
Participants can register for the 5K for $15, and registrants for the Little Tikes run are free. Pre-registration is over, but interested participants can register on the day of the event at Veteran’s Memorial Park on the corner of State Street and Main Street. Awards will be given out for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishers, top male and female, overall and each age group.
- 7:30 a.m. – Registration for 3-on-3 Basketball and registration for 5K
- 8 a.m. – 3-on-3 basketball game, 5K and Little Tikes run starts
- 9 a.m. – Poplar Grove’s Got Talent! at Village Hall until noon
- 10 a.m. – Vendors set up
- 11 a.m. – Vendor Tents open! Taste of Poplar Grove, bouncy house and games, Lifeline Helicopter and the Battle of the Bands begins on Main stage
- 4 p.m. – Vendor tents close
- 5 p.m. – Battle of the Bands Awards, Lion’s Club Pulled Pork Dinner begins
- 7 p.m. – Concert on Main stage starts featuring 9 Electric, Too Fighters and ADD
- 9:30 p.m. – Headliner “Otherwise” takes the stage and a fireworks display follows
Gerstad Builders builds new custom homes in Poplar Grove, Richmond, and McHenry, Illinois, as well as Williams Bay, Wisconsin. For more information on Gerstad Builders, visit www.gerstadbuilders.com.