Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day near Poplar Grove
Homeowners in The Trails of Dawson Creek community in Poplar Grove will enjoy a host of options for St. Patrick’s Day celebrations this year. While Chicago is known for its top-notch St. Paddy’s Day festivities, Boone County residents can celebrate with friends and family close to home.
Check out these five ways to have fun this weekend in Poplar Grove:
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade and Party. Rockford is hosting its 36th annual parade and party on Saturday, March 15 at 3:00 p.m. downtown. The City of Rockford Pipe Band will play while Irish and Scottish dancers will entertain crowds of all ages. An area just for kids with games and crafts will be open from 5 p.m. until 7 p.m.
- Grove Bar & Grill. Local favorites Rout 38 will bring their unique brand of country music to the Grove Bar & Grill on Saturday. Don’t miss out on good food, great drinks and energetic tunes.
- Discovery Center Museum. St. Patrick’s Day isn’t the only reason to celebrate this weekend. The Discovery Center Museum is hosting a Bubble Festival as part of National Bubble Week. Kids can make bubble art and catch a show by Geoffrey Akins, a bubble-maker-extraordinaire.
- Deer Park St. Paddy’s 5k Run/Walk. Live Irish music and a “Kiss me I’m Irish” arch are just two reasons to participate in this St. Patrick’s Day-themed run. Chocolate gold coins, green sodas and more will be available for participants at the finish line.
- Suds O’Hanahan’s. Enjoy live music, an Irish breakfast and more at the popular pub in Beloit, Wisconsin that is only a short trip from The Trails of Dawson Creek community.
Our Poplar Grove homes feature high-quality construction and we work with each of our buyers to customize their homes so families get the home they have always wanted. Learn more about the homes we build throughout the McHenry County area by calling us at 815-385-4495.