McHenry New Homes Residents Celebrate Blues, Brews & BBQ
If you’re a McHenry new homes resident looking for a fun way to kick off the month of August, don’t miss the McHenry Rotary’s Blues, Brews & BBQ Festival this weekend! Held from Friday, August 2 through Sunday, August 4 at Petersen Park on scenic McCullom Lake, this annual event is one many residents look forward to all year long.
Attendees will find a wide array of quality barbecue cooked to perfection by well-known restaurants, as well as all of your favorite side dishes and sweets to satisfy your taste buds. Items on this year’s menu include ribs, rib tips, BBQ pulled pork pizza, pulled pork, pulled brisket, chicken wings, BBQ Chinese riblets, hot dogs, burgers, corns, funnel cakes, ice cream and shaved ice. While you’re chowing down, sit back and enjoy the sounds of some of the best Blues music the Chicago area has to offer while sipping on your favorite brew.
Here’s a look at the festival’s complete line-up of events:
Friday, August 2
- Performance by John Todd at 5:45 p.m.
- Performance by Rough House Blues and at 7:45 p.m.
Saturday, August 3
- Volleyball tournament
- Performance by Rhythm Bone at 1:15 p.m.
- Performance by Toronzo Cannon at 4:00 p.m.
- Rotary 5K Run for Youth Leadership beginning at 7 p.m.
- Performance by Blooze Brothers at 7:45 p.m.
Sunday, August 4
- Amateur BBQ cook off with three categories for chicken, beef and pork ribs beginning at 8 a.m. The grand prize will be a Weber Performer Ultimate, and each team will receive a bag of Royal Oak charcoal.
- Volleyball tournament
- Performance by Aly Jados at 12:00 p.m.
- Performance by Frank Band and the Secret Stash at 2:15 p.m.
- Performance by Dave Weld & the Imperial Flames at 5:30 p.m.
Admission for the event is $10 per day or buy a three-day pass for $20. Kids 12 and younger get in free.
After the event, be sure to tour our nearby McHenry County real estate at Liberty Trails, which is located just 10 minutes from Peterson Park. This beautiful community of McHenry homes priced from the high $190,000s to low $300,000s features ranch and two-story home designs with two to four bedrooms and up to 3,200 square feet of customizable living space.
Our community’s location couldn’t get any better for enjoying the wealth of events in McHenry County all year long! The master-planned community of Liberty Trails is literally just minutes from shops, restaurants, parks, entertainment venues, cultural centers, top-quality healthcare, golf courses and schools.
We hope to see you during Blues, Brews & BBQ this weekend!
To learn more about purchasing our real estate in McHenry County, give us a call at 815-385-4495.